baby days!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Nugget's new nickname





So, we are officially at 14 weeks, 2nd trimester WOO-HOO! We did discover that Nugget may be a little on the dramatic side just like momma. Appearently, appointments every four weeks are just not enough for our little Nugs. I woke up yesterday and spotted a bit, SCARY! But, after talking to the doctor and having an entire day and night with no recurrences, Joe and I felt good. Then, it happened again this morning. I called the office and the doctor got me right in. She has decided that when she refers to Nugget, the baby will now be called "Trouble". I still prefer Nugget, but this baby has given us more scares than average, so I understand where she is coming from. The good news is, that this has nothing to do with the baby. In fact the baby is perfectly healthy. We found out today that it is now 7.6 cm from head to rump. I love that they call it rump! The heart rate was also strong, 152. So, now we jsut have to figure out what is going on with my body that is making it react this way. Our doctor is running some labs to make sure I don't have an infection. If they can't find anything, this may just be something that Joe and I have to deal with now and then. Luckily, Joe is much calmer than I, plus I have a sister who is a new mom that I can call obsessively for reassurance and an amazing doctor who Joe and I can call anytime (not to mention all the friends we rely on day to day). So.. this long story basically breaks down to this: we got an ultrasound six weeks before our next one was scheduled! In the pictures, the baby looked down the whole time and kept those little legs curled up. Dr. Moore kept the machine on for about ten minutes though, and we got to see the legs kicking, arms moving, and Nugget turned and faced us for a second. It was amazing! Here are the pics of our perfect little baby! They are a little blurry online, but in person, you can see the brain and spine and everything. Everything does not mean that we could tell the sex, though, (although Joe tried hard!)We are so lucky that we got to see Nugs at this developmental time.

New belly pic. Not too big yet, but definately growing every day!

1 comment:

  1. love it guys!!! I am so in love with little nugget already:) Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete